Epson ColorWorks C6000 Series: On-Demand Inkjet Color Label Printers | Take the Tour
Epson ColorWorks CW-C6500A Matte Color Inkjet Label Printer with Auto Cutter SKU: C31CH77A9981
Quality 8″ color label print and cut at a price comparable to thermal transfer.
- Model: C31CH76101 SKU: C31CH77A9981 (CW-C6500A Matte)
- The first label printer specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers1 — with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features and connectivity options, all at a comparable price point
- Reliability you can count on — engineered by Epson for demanding applications; backed by industry-leading service and support
- Enhanced productivity — eliminate the need to pre-print; speeds up to 5″ per second3; fast time to first label
- Astounding image quality — up to 1200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels
- Seamless integration — compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows,®, Mac®, and Linux
- Remote printer management — for managing large fleets over the network
- Auto cutter included — ideal for fast, on-demand applications (supports up to 8″ wide label printing and 8″ outside diameter rolls)
- Applicator I/O control port for truly automated workflow — supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- Low cost — comparable to existing thermal transfer printers2
- Durable, high-quality labels — meets BS 5609 certification4
With a 8″ built-in auto cutter covering the full spectrum of label sizes to create variable-length labels and enable easy job separation, these new ColorWorks models offer cost and inventory reductions compared to using pre-printed labels.
Epson-engineered PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead technology delivers ultra-sharp text and precise barcodes. It also produces varying droplet sizes that, coupled with a 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution, can create a vast gamut of vibrant, accurate colors, smooth gradations, and fine image details. So, whether the challenge is to produce complex informational labels or high-quality product labels, the CW-C6000 series is up to the challenge.
ESC/Label and ZPL II Interface Languages
ZPL II capabilities allow you to experience the advantages of Epson inkjet technology without reprogramming existing systems. ESC/Label command extensions programmed into the printer or added to the print stream to unlock the power of color. Leverage color for color-coded fields, product pictures, logos, and marketing messages to improve overall business processes and brand image.
Remote Management Tools
Epson made the CW-C6000 family for large-scale enterprise environments. To support these high-volume scenarios, a wide range of remote management tools are available. These tools allow IT and support teams to monitor large fleets of printers remotely, generate email alerts on items needing attention, remotely deploy firmware updates, set up complex network environments, and view or modify settings from any computer browser or Android™ or Apple® powered smartphone.
General-purpose I/O Port
All CW-C6000 family printers, designed for mission-critical production environments, come equipped with a general-purpose IO port. The IO port gives automation developers all the control they need to integrate the printer seamlessly into their automated workflow. The port provides all the necessary information on supply levels, status, faults, and readiness. Inputs enable users to pause, clean, and print.
What’s In The Box:
- Epson ColorWorks CW-C6500 Matte Color Inkjet Label Printer
- AC power cord
- One set of Full-Capacity Epson ColorWorks C6000/C6500 Matte CMYK ink cartridges
- Maintenance box
- Instruction sheet
- CD with utilities and manuals
1 The CW-C6000/C6500 family is the first to bring to market the combination of features of direct ZPL II printing, peel-and-present, remote printer management, companion four- and eight-inch models, applicator I/O interface, broad middleware support, and comparable price points.
2 Printers and consumable costs are similar when comparing similarly featured leading brand thermal transfer printers and supplies for similar high durability images on similar media.
3 Printing in Max Speed Mode, 300 x 600 dpi, 2.2″ (56 mm) print width.
4 Compared to color inkjet label printers available in the U.S. and Canada as of July 2019.
5 Epson ColorWorks CW-C6000/C6500 inkjet label printers with Epson’s UltraChrome DL pigment ink, used in combination with Neenah Kimdura™ poly media, has been BS 5609 certified.
|Print Method:||Serial inkjet PrecisionCore TFP|
|Inks:||UltraChrome® DL pigment ink SJIC35P-C Ink Cartridge (Cyan) SJIC35P-M Ink Cartridge (Magenta) SJIC35P-Y Ink Cartridge (Yellow) SJIC35PMK-K Ink Cartridge (Black)|
|Print Resolution:||Up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi|
|Print Speed:||Up to 5-Inch per Second|
|Print Width:||8.34" (212 mm)|
|Media Types:||Inkjet Coated Matte Paper, Gloss Paper, High-gloss Synthetic, Fine Paper, PET Film, Matte Synthetic, Uncoated Plain Paper|
|Media Width:||1.0" (25 mm) - 4.4" (112 mm)|
|Media Length:||Max. 24" (610 mm) Min. 0.31" (8 mm) no finishing 0.50" (13 mm) peeling 0.59" (15 mm) cutting|
|Thickness:||.005" – .009" (0.129 mm – 0.236 mm)|
|Maximum Roll Diameter:||8.0" (203 mm)|
|Core Diameter:||3" (76 mm)|
|Media Sensors:||Gap Sensor Location: Adjustable 0.4" – 2.4" (10 mm – 60 mm) in 0.2" (5 mm) steps from left paper guide Black Mark Sensor Location: Fixed at 0.5" (12 mm) from left paper guide|
|Die-Cut Label Gap:||2 mm – 6 mm|
|Black mark:||Min. 0.72" x 0.16" (18 mm x 4 mm) (W x H)|
|Cutter/sheeter:||Paper Liner up to 1.5 M Synthetic Liner up to 0.5 M Continuous Matte Paper up to 0.5 M Continuous Gloss Paper up to 0.3 M Continuous Synthetic up to 0.1 M|
|Interfaces:||Ethernet 1000BASE-T/100BASETX/ 10BASE-T USB 2.0|
|Operating System:||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP2, macOS® 10.6.8 or later, Linux|
|Barcode Font:||UPC-A, UPC-E, JAN13(EAN), JAN8(EAN), Code39, ITF, Codabar, Code93, Code128, GS1-128, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded|
|2-D Code Printing:||PDF417, QR Code, Maxi Code, GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked, DataMatrix, Aztec Code, MicroPDF417, Micro QR Code|
|Operating Temperature:||5 to 35 °C/20 – 80% RH humidity|
|Storage Temperature:||-20 to 60 °C/5 – 85% RH humidity|
|Overall Dimensions:||Printer (W x D x H) 13.4" x 22.2" x 12.8" (340 mm x 565 mm x 326 mm) Shipping (W x D x H) 19.5" x 27" x 18.5" (495 mm x 685 mm)|
|Weight:||Weight - Printer (Dry): 50.7 lb (23.0 kg) Weight - Shipping 75.0 lb (34.0 kg)|
|Rated Voltage:||AC 100 – 240 VAC|
|Rated Frequency:||50 – 60 Hz|
|Warranty:||1-year depot repair|